Cant update cover art?

You found a bug? Here is where you can help me track them down.

Cant update cover art?

Postby tvix_what » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:54 am

I'm having a strange issue, as my mate gives me the cover art/files on a portable HDD, I go search to change the cover art and the template, it just doesn't apply/over-write the cover art my friend had chosen.

I don't need to change the text/movie info, just the cover art.
We are using exactly the same version of Tvixie.

Funny thing is, if I give him the files from my pc, to his, he can change the cover art/template.
:S
tvix_what

Share On:

Re: Cant update cover art?

Postby coolstream » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:42 am

Hi there. Have you checked the files he gives you? Are they set as read only?

It sounds to me as if permissions/ownership setting on the files that your friend gives you might need to be changed. Try that first ;)
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby tvix_what » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:27 am

Hrm you might be right, I deleted all the cover art/movie info files, and have re-done them, so I cannot test it, however looking at the .nfo and movie file that he gave me vs my computer files, under security tab, his files don't show my name listed (only shows system, admin, users), whereas my files show system, admin, users, and my user name.

Must be that... where is the option in windows 7 (64bit) exactly to turn the security down so it doesn't do this crap? I dont want to go through each file, add myself in the permissions list etc... surely can be controlled from control panel?
tvix_what

Postby coolstream » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:40 pm

Looks like we are onto a winner.

Instead of changing the file settings, have you tried running TViXiE as 'Administrator'? I reckon this would be enough to allow you the rights to make changes to the files :?
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Return to Bugs