[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
TViXiE • View topic - Can't edit movie information

Can't edit movie information

You found a bug? Here is where you can help me track them down.

Re: Can't edit movie information

Postby coolstream » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:01 pm

OK, let's get specific...

You say 'I exit Tvixie, and opens it afterwards.'
Can you be more specific so that we can track down circumstances where corruption occurs? Does it need a restart of TViXiE, restart of PC etc?

Since I can edit the same movie titles (and they contain no strange characters) I doubt that could be the reason.

You say that chkdsk found an error and appears to have fixed it. I wouldn't necessarily expect a load of errors for problems to occur, so let's stick with this for a while.

After the error was corrected, did you try to edit folders with TViX connected via USB? With a corrupted MovieInfo.tvixie, editing will be impossible, so I presume you make a manual edit first and then attempt a TViXiE edit. And this causes no further problem until you switch off and reconnect later via a different method?

joma's question is very valid. Even though you say you attempt to copy files and edit over a network connection, are you connecting via Samba or FTP? If FTP, how do you make the connection (Windows proprietary or external program)? Have you tried using a different network cable?

When you disconnect USB cable, do you do 'Safe Removal' from PC?

After you find that you have corruption again, have you tried chkdsk again?
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Share On:

Postby maxschnell » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:54 pm

maxschnell

Postby maxschnell » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:09 pm

All of my LAN transfers, editing via Tvixie and so on have been done using Windows XP.
I will try to edit some of the movie with MovieInfo-errors via Windows 7 using the same LAN cable today, and see if that works better.
maxschnell

Postby maxschnell » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:05 pm

Ok, now I've tried it on Windows 7, and I did the following:
1. Opened Tvixie, and found the movie "Any Given Sunday".
2. Adding new info (Right click -> Movie info -> Get movie info)
3. After that I tried to edit the movie info, and that worked fine
4. I then checked the MovieInfo.tvixie file, and it was bugged with this ending:
"</MovieInfo>o> Cool J</string>
<string>Matthew Modine</string>
<string>Al Pacino</string>
</Actors>
<Directors>
<string>Oliver Stone</string>
</Directors>
<Covers />
<Countries />
</MovieInfo>"
5. I then tried to edit the movie info again, changing some info, saving, viewed it. I did this a few times, and the edit function worked fine, even though the xml-file was corrupt (I checked the MovieInfo.tvixie-file betwee each change).
6. I then closed Tvixie, and re-opened it.
7. But then the edit didn't work.

So, strangely enough, the edit function worked right after adding a new info, but not after closing and opening Tvixie. Even though the MovieInfo.tvixie-file was corrupt both before and after.

All of this was done using a LAN cable.
maxschnell

Postby coolstream » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:11 pm

Thanks for this information. From what you say, you are connecting to TViXiE with Samba. In fact, it is the way I used to do it until I got a corrupted drive. For me chkdsk was enough to fix the problem, but once bitten, I was reluctant to to any more large file transfers. The most I do that way now is to do something like replace an icon.

When I tested your corrupt MovieInfo.tvixies, I had each one in its own folder so I was able to work in the same way you are. Instead of doing a 'Get Infromation', I tried an 'Edit Information'. No hanging result whatsoever, TViXiE simply refused to do it (because the files were already corrupt).

After trying this, I then switched to TViXiE 1.3.3 b4 which seems more robust in that it was not only able to open an edit process, but it also saved a 'good' version, i.e. it trimmed out the excess data.

but back on-topic:
You say you do not have a problem when using USB connection. Can I request that next time you try to edit using FTP and let us know if that gives a ggod or bad result?

To prepare for FTP connection, configure TViXiE to connect using this procedure:
| File | Open FTP... | then add your info
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Previous

Return to Bugs