[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
TViXiE • View topic - Can't access network disk

Can't access network disk

All closed and fixed bugs.

Can't access network disk

Postby Peter » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:40 pm

With TViXiE v1.2.2 build 33669 I can't access my NAS.

I have assigned my NAS on harddisk letter W: and with previous TViViE versions I had no problem accessing this. Now, with this new version the NAS, letter W, doesn't appear in the Open dialog.

I have no problem to access the NAS in Windows Vista.

Has something changed in TViXiE or do I have to fault trace my system?
Peter

Share On:

Re: Can't access network disk

Postby coolstream » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:44 pm

OK, with Xtreamer running in NASmode. NAS (\\MYXTREAMER\Xtreamer\sda1) assigned to Drive W: and cannot be seen by TViXiE.

However, I don't see a need to assign NAS to a drive letter, because I can access The NAS through | File | Open | Network | MyXtreamer.... |
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby Peter » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:43 pm

In previous versions of TViXiE it was not possible to see network drives and jomas answer was to assign a drive letter to the network disks in Windows, and then use access the drive letters with TViXiE.

Well, to be true I didn't like this solution as I would rather access the NAS using the Network, but I accepted it and assigned the NAS to Windows with letter W:

Up to this version of TViXiE I used to access my NAS on the disk W: but now with this version I don't see the drive letter W: any longer when performing "File - Open", even though that I can access the W: drive on Windows. Yes, strange...
I have even tried to go through "File - Open - Network", and I can see the NAS (with TViXiE) but I can't see the disks on the NAS, only the "Printer".

If you are able to see things I guess it is my system :(
I'll check/reboot things and see it if works better.
Peter

Postby Peter » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:16 pm

Rebooted things and I still can't see the W disk inside TViXiE...

But I managed anyway. I wrote down disk and folder name "W:\_film" in the Open dialog, and rather wonderful TViXiE read the NAS even if it can't see it :)

Computer works in mysterious ways :shock:
Peter

Postby joma » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:00 am

Hi,
This was also reported in thread earlier today.
I have fixed the issue but it won't be available until next release.

However with this new Open Dialog window you will be able to write the UNC path in the text field at the bottom (eg. \\NAS01\video) or as you already have discovered W:\Video or whatever your video folder is.
Also with the latest TViX firmware you are able to access the TViX internal disk without using FTP.
Just type \\192.168.1.3\tvixhd1 replace IP with the IP of your unit and use tvixhd1 as user and tvixhd1 as password. It's alot faster than using FTP. :)
/joma
joma
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Postby Axel Foley » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:30 pm

You can also CTRL-O then write X:\Movies (where X: is the mounted drive letter), it works. ;)

After you do that, you can use the Open Recent menu to reopen it without writing it manually.
Axel Foley

Postby joma » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:53 pm

This was fixed in the 1.3.0 version
Case closed
/joma
joma
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Return to Bug Archive