[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
TViXiE • View topic - Tvixie does not generate an audiosheet

Tvixie does not generate an audiosheet

Music Templates for version 0.9.8.0 and newer.

Tvixie does not generate an audiosheet

Postby Koppie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:39 pm

Hi,

I'm using Tvixie for my movies and my audio files. With the movies the templates work fine. But when I'm using a template (Standard or Hoggeman 720p musik) for my audio files nothing is been generated.

For example: Selecting Katie Melua - Pieces by pieces and searching on CDON.SE I get 3 results
Selecting one of the results (doesn't matter which one) and clicking "Done" does not generate the desired files.
What am I doing wrong. :?:

Which files should haven been generated?
Last edited by Koppie on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koppie

Share On:

Re: Tvixie does not generate an audiosheet

Postby coolstream » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi Koppie welcome to tvixie forum ;)

Music scraping is something that has been neglected with TViXiE. Last week I decided to have a look at Hogeman template and came to the same conclusion as you. With the standard template (which at least creates something), you can see that the data (if you are lucky to scrape any) is treated as if it were a movie.

We have always advised users that focus was being put onto movie scraping. I cannot remember if the situation was ever any better, but at the moment can only really suggest that you wait until the music scraping side of tvixie is improved.

Personally, I content myself with making music folder icons with an additional icon for artist ( I use \artist\album name\ format). To make the icons, I use the MakeMusicFolder utility that I created. The icons are created as 300x300 jpgs, and my 6500 is happy to show them using the cover art GUI.

Once enter the album folder, data is presented by tvixie as a simple list. I am happy with this because I can then make use of the 6500 track/album selection function. I can jump in and out of folders while the music is playing adding tracks to the playlist which I can eventually save if I need to. I believe that this function is not available for 66xx/N1 users at all, which is a great pity.

If you want to try MakeMusicFolder and can't find it on the forum, I will add it to this thread.
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby Koppie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi Coolstream,

I did not found MakeMusicFolder in the forums. So please submit it to this thread.
Koppie

Postby coolstream » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:31 am

Hi Koppie, instructions for 'installing' the script are the same as .

For the music icons, take for example, a frontcover.jpg of a CD and run the script on it. It will produce a 300x300 jpg called folder.jpg The original artwork will be retained .

To make an icon for the artist, take any picture and crop to a square shape. Run the script on the cropped image and again, a 300x300 folder.jpg will be created.

If you have any questions, I will try my best to help.
Attachments
MakeMUSICIcon.rar
(222 Bytes) Downloaded 465 times
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby Koppie » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:30 pm

Thanks, works like a charm. :D

A bit off-topic.
In addition I created a batchfile to put in every subfolder (the album name) of my artists the "icon.tvix" file.
So my TVIX is now browsing the audio folder in textmode on the name of the artist and inside the artist name I see the images of the albums.

Audio folder setup:
---- Artist name (with the file icon.tvix)
--------Album name (with the file folder.jpg)

(Searching through the artistnames in textmode is faster then browsing with icons, that's why I've choosen to do it that way.)
Koppie

Return to Music Templates