[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
TViXiE • View topic - Do you like TviXie?

Do you like TviXie?

Talk about anything concerning TViXiE.

Do you like TviXie?

Postby paultje_007 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:13 pm

Dear users and community,

I actually don't like TviXie anymore.
I recently bought the TviX A1 hoping I finally could have my 1000+ movies browsed through by fanart.
But unfortunately it wasn't like they showed on the youtube review videos.
It turned out I had to download TviXie and hook up the A1 to my computer to load fanart and metadata for all my movies semi-automatically and in a folder-like structure.
I don't like it, because I also started to know about XBMC and PLEX and stuff.
The thing is, all my movies are not located in their own folder.
I just have the original Torrent filename + the dutch subs in a folder which year de movie is released in and in a genre folder like so:
Movies\2011\Action\I.Am.Number.Four.[2011].DvDrip.XviD-FXG.avi
Movies\2011\Action\I.Am.Number.Four.[2011].DvDrip.XviD-FXG.srt

I'm not going to put all my 1000+ movies, series and music into seperate files anymore!!
Too much work!!!
That's why I like XBMC so much, because it just scans the files and recognizes the correct movie title out of the filename. And creates metadata incl. fanart (which is also nicer) into a seperate folder somewhere on the disc.
(I actually would have wanted to have just 1 files, like so:
Movies\2011\Action\I.Am.Number.Four.[2011].DvDrip.XviD-FXG.avi
Movies\2011\Action\I.Am.Number.Four.[2011].DvDrip.XviD-FXG.srt
Movies\2011\Action\I.Am.Number.Four.[2011].DvDrip.XviD-FXG.meta
where the meta file contains all movie Info and fanarts etc, downloaded from IMDB or TVDB etc. incl. links to an embedded trailer,, but I can live with how XBMC does this... )

It's a shame there isn't any software or media player today that can do this....
Because, let's be honest, doesn't everybody have the original filename structure of their downloaded movies?
Even the Android OS on the A1 isn't even usefull, as it can't download any Android App like my HTC Desire HD can...
Youtube App sucks! not all videos can be played...
Internet browsing is horrible... no java or good flash version...

I think I'm gonna stop using Media Players and start a media server running PLEX and use it on my mobile with PLEX Android streaming my movies while being with friends 30miles away and hook my phone to their TV's wirelessly using DLNA....
Perhaps today the only way to have a decent metadata/fanart browsing style of media content is PLEX or XBMC...

:cry: :cry:
paultje_007

Share On:

Re: Do you like TviXie?

Postby joma » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi,
TViXiE doesn't have anything to do with the file/folder structure of the TViX player. It just downloads movie information and stores it in correct places for the player to pick it up.
The TViX player doesn't support having cover-art with several movies in the same folder.
This is nothing I can do anything about.

/Mathias
joma
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Return to General Discussion