[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
TViXiE • View topic - DVico Tvixie Gone pop?

DVico Tvixie Gone pop?

Talk about anything concerning TViXiE.

DVico Tvixie Gone pop?

Postby skar » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:46 am

Not sure how true this is but I picked it up at another website.

http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28345
skar

Share On:

Re: DVico Tvixie Gone pop?

Postby joma » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:56 am

Sad if it's true. :(
joma
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Postby coolstream » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:36 pm

I agree that it is sad. I am still happy with my 6500 and was never tempted to go any further with their later models. As far as I have learned, later models seemed to offer little more than the 6500 and as far as using TViXiE is concerned, I think they made things worse.

A move to Android semed to offer hope as far as getting a whole new experience (e.g. apps etc), but by the time DViCo got round to breaking the market, I think a lot of the creative and technical input had already jumped ship.

I know that TViX does not have 100% favourable reviews, but for me, the 6500 (with TViXiE) is still a machine that impresses people that see it in operation at my house. However, with the improvements introduced by Windows 7 MCE, I am beginning to think that if I were starting out right now, I might be more inclined to work with an HTPC rather than a mediaplayer.

However, since I have a player (6500) that still works well for me, I remain committed to TViX and TViXiE. Over the past two years, I have been working on a totally revised PEGGIE template. If there is enough interest, I would be happy to share the new PEGGIE+ with members.
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby styoda » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:38 pm

No they haven't gone pop, they're still going as they've just released the TXIV 3D S2.

They haven't made the hardware but they do design their own software for it.
styoda

Return to General Discussion