How can I get more than 10 movies per page?

All about TVIX 6500/7000 : Firmware, How to, ...

How can I get more than 10 movies per page?

Postby shubjero » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Hi all,

I've had my Tvix M-6500A since 2008 and was wondering if there is any way of getting more than 10 cover arts per page? I use Tvixie to generate all the cover art and stuff.

My screen currently looks like this: http://imgur.com/gnq9Y.jpg
But I want it to look more like this: http://www.pantheonpc.com/product_images/uploaded_images/cover1.jpg

Can anyone help?
shubjero

Share On:

Re: How can I get more than 10 movies per page?

Postby coolstream » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:43 am

Hi there, and welcome to tvixie forum!

Are you still running the original FW? You will need to be running the later FWs to get the full support.

Take a look at the guide here especially the third section to help you with settings on TViX.

I hope this helps ;)
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby Alpha Dogg » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:32 am

when in side your movie folder press the function button on your tvix remote then a [secret] menu will appear go across to the file called thumb nail mode in this menu and press ok/play! this will then give you more films per page! i hope this helps :D
Alpha Dogg

Postby coolstream » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

I tried this (I have mine set to jukebox mode) and the 3rd option is greyed out and cannot be accessed.

Which mode do you use and which FW?
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby Alpha Dogg » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:57 pm

i am currently running Firmware 1.3.168 for the m6500 of the official site , i don't understand what you mean by what mode ? could you explain?
Alpha Dogg

Postby coolstream » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:13 am

There are different modes available in the later FWs. Basically the option to show folders in the way you already do or alternatively to have have a new GUI which when you open the movie folder presents you with buttons for PLAY and PREVIEW of trailers.

Because you are using the older type of FW, you won't see this new development (referred to as Jukebox mode). Now I understand why you are able to use this feature of the Function button.

If you want to know more about the new GUI, take a look at the guides I have posted and you will see that the new GUI creates 3 rows of 8 folder icons.

NOTE: DViCo never got round to making these later FWs 'official', they are still classed as beta, hence they are not found in the normal download section.
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby norjalainen » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Alpha Dogg wrote:i am currently running Firmware 1.3.168 for the m6500 of the official site , i don't understand what you mean by what mode ? could you explain?

I had the same problem, even though I'm running the latest Firmware; 1.5.19 (can be downloaded here: http://dvdnews.free.fr/TViX/M-6500/). I have several hard drives connected to the Tvix, and I noticed that some drives showed 24 movies per page while some other showed only 10.

I found out that it is essential to name the root folder correctly in order to show the video art cover mode (24 movies per page) instead of normal icon mode (10 movies per page); e.g. “video”, “movie”, “dvd”, "bluray”, “blu-ray”, “film”, “cinema”, animation”, “drama”, “miniseries”, “tv series”, “music video” (as described in the Tvixie Manual section 3.3, but which I missed :geek: ).
norjalainen

Return to TViX 6500/7000