[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
TViXiE • View topic - Newbie Question

Newbie Question

All about TVIX 6500/7000 : Firmware, How to, ...

Newbie Question

Postby Colin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:29 am

Forgive me for asking what may be a really stupid question.

I have and TViX7000 and am looking to use TViXie but I was wondering what firmware I should be running. I am currently using the latest from the TViX website (1.3.168).

Would this be ok or do I need to upgrade?
Colin

Share On:

Re: Newbie Question

Postby coolstream » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:00 pm

Hi Colin and welcome to TViXiE forum.

1.3.168 is fine for TViXiE, but if you want to use things like jukebox mode features, you will have to upgrade to one of the . ;)
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby Tintu » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:19 pm

I'm also a newbie...and I also had two questions regarding tvixie :). I have a 6500a with an internal HD

1) after indexing my movies do I still need to have my PC powerd on in order to use the beter GUI?
2) What do you mean by "if you want to use things like jukebox mode features, you will have to upgrade to one of the 1.5 versions"

thnx in advance,
dre
Tintu

Postby coolstream » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi Tintu, and welcome to TViXiE forum!

1. If your movies are all stored on the TViX HDD, you only need to have the PC turned on when you are creating the images for your TViX movies. The image files are stored in the actual movie folders, so you will have the same effect whether the PC is on or off, or even if you disconnect it totally and take it to a friend's house ;)

2 The jukebox features were introduced in v1.5 of the 6500 FW. Basically, instead of ending up with a list of files in a folder, TViX converts the movie file to 3 buttons which makes the whole GUI look neater.
See the screencaps in the (Section 3.3)
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby Tintu » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:23 pm

thanx for your reply. What about if i want to plug an USB disk in the tvix? do i have to plug the USB drive in the PC, set all moevies and than pug ik back in the tvix?

thnax in advance
Tintu

Postby coolstream » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:05 pm

You can create your artwork on any external device via TViXiE. It might be easier to attach your device directly to PC for speed when using TViXiE and then later connect it to TViX or you could keep the device connected to TViX and still process the movie folders with TViX. The choice is yours.

Once the folder.jpg and tvix.jpg have been created, your PC does not need to be switched on because the work has already been done ;)
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby Colin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:02 am

Thanks for the advice and the welcome. I've downloaded the latest firmware update and software and am now up and running.

Now I just need to figure out how to convince the girlfriend that transferring my DVD and Blue-ray collection really is far more important than going to the January sales this weekend ... :D
Colin

Postby coolstream » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:57 pm

LOL, Colin.

Tell her it's too cold to go out and let her watch .
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Return to TViX 6500/7000