Help please! I have a problem with subtitles

All about TVIX 6500/7000 : Firmware, How to, ...

Help please! I have a problem with subtitles

Postby mobydick » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:21 pm

With Tvix 6500 firmware 1.5.17 the most of the movies dont load the subtitles, I meant with .avi and a .srt, sometimes works if I change the encoding language for another like chinese but shows a lot of simbols, and if I wacht another movie I have to change again the encoding for west europe, english, spanish, etc.

I dont know if is a problem of firmware or is that the subs I get have too much dots and all of that, if my subs are just 1.srt usually works but if is Jennifers.Body.2009.480p.BRRip.XviD.AC3-ViSiON doesnt works.

Any idea will be wellcome.
mobydick

Share On:

Re: Help please! I have a problem with subtitles

Postby jbond8 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:36 pm

I dont see a solution to this. Was this resolved? I too have the same problem...see below

HI, I seem to have been having this problem for a some time where I cannot get any of my subtitles to load unless they are contained within a mkv or iso file. It doesnt matter if the format is .idx, .sub, or .srt. When I go to load the stream it doesnt show any. I have confirmed that the files are named the same as the avi file. I have opened the subtitles and made sure they were ansi and even tried to open the subtitle file in notepad and then save as txt and then rename the extension. I have just gone through loaded factory settings and gone through the safe upgrade etc just to make sure that there were no old settings causing issues. I have tried FW versions 1.3.137, 1.4.26, and am now on 1.5.16. I did check to make sure the format set was Western Europe for English. I know subtitles have worked for me in the past...just not sure why they dont anymore.

Thanks for any help...
jbond8

Postby coolstream » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:14 pm

Which button on remote are you using to access subtitles?
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby Ozzy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:34 am

One thing I would like to know here...

Do you call both your avi and srt file the same name or ??

like tvixie-roxs.avi and tvixie-roxs.srt

I know that on the 6600 you have to call both by the same name otherwise you cannot load your .srt file.
Ozzy
Major Contributor

Postby coolstream » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:19 pm

On the 6500, there are two options.

The one that Ozzy describes is standard and also usually requires that the subtitle file is inside the same folder as the movie.

There is also another option which uses the TITLE button on remote. Once pressed, you are able to navigate to any subtitle file you wish. The file can have any name, but obviously this will not work with DVD ;)

Verified to be working with FW 1.5.16 ;)
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby jbond8 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:56 pm

Thanks for the replies. I did verify that the file names where the same...jsut different extensions. In fact I even changed them to 1.avi and 1.srt and 1.sub....just to make sure...and it still wouldnt see the file...it is very strange especially since it used to work. Also the files are all in the same folder....this is with multiple movies too...so not sure what is happening. But if the subtitles are embedded it works just fine....
jbond8

Postby coolstream » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:04 pm

You seem to have done a lot of checking of the files, but have you checked that subtitles are set to be automatically switched on?

When you use SUBTITLE button on remote, are you given a list of the available subtitles?

Did you try my suggestion of using the TITLE button?
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby jbond8 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:51 pm

Ok..thanks for the tip on using the title button. That seemed to do it. I do have subtitles set to not load automatically. Is that what the Title button does? Loads them manually? I thought the subtitle button would load them...but maybe I have been mistaken all this time....

Thanks again for the response and support...
jbond8

Postby coolstream » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:39 pm

In a situation such as you describe, the SUBTITLE button will
1 on first press, put you into subtitle mode
2 on second press, present you with the available subtitles. HOWEVER, since you have AutoLoad switched off, there will be no subtitles available.
TITLE button will allow you to select any subtitle file (any name allowed) from any location.

Example:
Movie.avi, Movie.srt, Movie(DE) and Movie(FR) are all in same folder.
With AutoLoad ON, Movie.srt would be automatically loaded.
SUBTITLE button allows you to switch subtitle OFF and change language encoding(no other subtitles are shown)
TITLE allows you to select any of the subtitles (and also allows you to navigate to another folder to use other subtitles)

With AutoLoad OFF, subtitles are not loaded and when you press SUBTITLE button, no subtitles are shown (onscreen or in list). In this case, the TITLE button is your only option ;)
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby jbond8 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:32 pm

Thanks alot. That was very helpful. I ahve searched for an answer in many places but you get big Kudos for knwoing it and helping. Thanks again....I appreciate it...
jbond8

Return to TViX 6500/7000