How Do I Change Icon On a folder In TVIX 6500???

All about TVIX 6500/7000 : Firmware, How to, ...

How Do I Change Icon On a folder In TVIX 6500???

Postby MichelCardoso » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi!

I want to change the folder icon inside the TVIX 6500. Ive seen people do this but I dont understand how? I wanna change the movie folders like action, thriller, horror etc etc... I know how Tvixie works but that program doesnt do that too right? Or does it?

Please get back to me someone! Thanks very very much!!!
MichelCardoso

Share On:

Re: How Do I Change Icon On a folder In TVIX 6500???

Postby coolstream » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:32 pm

To do this, you must create separate subfolders for each genre and plate the film folders inside them manually.

In each of the genre folders, you add/create a new icon plus add icon.tvix (so that the subfolders are shown with their own icons).

Basically, genre folders are no different to medium folders ;)
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby MichelCardoso » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Ok!

And where do I do all this? In the computer or in the tvixie or some other program? In the PC right?

Why I ask...because where should i write icon.tvix?

Lets say like this!
I create a folder called "Movies" in my HD that is in the TViX! In that "Movie" folder i Create different folder such as "action", "thriller", "horror" etc etc... Is these movie genre folders the subfolders you are talking about?

And how do I change the icon for those folders? Because when I right click with the mouse in my computer to change icon on the folder it cant bring up .png files? And where shall I write the icon.tvix ending?

Thanks a lot for the help! :) Its much apriciated and sorry for my lack of understanding! Im actually quite technical but when it comes to some things computer-wise...then Im not the brightest one :)!
MichelCardoso

Postby coolstream » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:35 pm

OK Michel, I will try not to patronise. Forgive me if I do.

First:
If you have a folder called COMEDY and inside that a film called 'HaHa-The Movie', you will want TViX to show an icon for the movie.
You create (or TViXiE creates) a folder icon (folder.jpg) and place it in the 'HaHa' folder.
In order for TViX to show the icon and not the text list, you place an empty file called 'icon.tvix' in the COMEDY folder (making sure to enable coverart in TViX setup)

When TViX 'sees' icon.tvix, it looks for subfolders and shows them asa icons instead of text listings.

Since COMEDY is a subset of all your movies (Video folder), you should have a folder.jpg (Clown's face for example) in the COMEDY folder.
Since you want to show COMEDY folder as an icon, you place another icon.tvix in the Video folder.

And how do I change the icon for those folders?
Do not confuse changing the icon on a PC with changing the icon in TViX.

There is no need to right click and attempt to change settings on PC.
Simply add/create an icon called folder.jpg and place it into the folder whose icon you 'want to change'
If there is an 'icon.tvix' in the folder above it, and icon mode has been enabled in TViX, you will have achieved your goal.

NOTE: If the icons you like are PNG, you must convert them to JPG because 6600 doesn't support PNG as yet.
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Return to TViX 6500/7000