[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
TViXiE • View topic - Settings on WDTV

Settings on WDTV

All about WD TV HD Media Player : Firmware, How to, ...

Settings on WDTV

Postby roeyliss » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:45 am

Hello All,

I have downloaded the software and connected my external hard drive.
I have movies organized in dofferent folders ( Action, Comedy, Drama etc'... )

Once I gave each movie its "movie information " - I looked into the hard drive and saw all of the files related to each movie.

My problem is that once i connect the hard dirve to my WDTV I don't see anything new or related to the TVIXIE. I only see the original Thumbnails and the movie file.

For some reason i dont see what the software generated ? Help anyone ?
roeyliss

Share On:

Re: Settings on WDTV

Postby skar » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 am

Is this for the WDTV or WDTV Live?

Do you have each movie in it's own folder?

The WDTV Live for instance uses the folder.jpg and "Exact Movie Name".jpg when viewing thumbnails.

So when you create a thumbnail with TViXie, you need to copy and paste folder.jpg and rename the resulting jpg to the exact name of your movie.
skar

Postby coolstream » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:45 am

Thanks for this info.

To clarify, does WDTV use tvix.jpg at all?
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby skar » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:45 pm

Not that I am aware of.
skar

Postby coolstream » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:50 am

OK, so if I understand correctly, WDTV uses folder.jpg and a copy of folder.jpg which has to be named "Exact Movie Name".jpg?

and by "Exact Movie Name" you mean the name of the folder in which the movie lives, e.g. folder is Z:\movies\MyMovie so file must be named MyMovie.jpg ?
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby roeyliss » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:10 pm

I'm using the WD TV not the WD TV LIVE version.
Yes, each movie is in it's own folder such as:

D:\movies\comedy\friday\friday.mkv

The folder firday contains the folloeing files:
friday.mkv
folder.jpg
background.jpg
tvixie

I'm reading so much these past days and there is not one single site that has good and clear guides regarding the issue. I don't know anymore if i have to install another software on the actual WD TV before installing the TVIXIE on my computer ?

ANy suggestions ?
roeyliss

Postby joma » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:03 pm

Hi,
I do not own a WD TV player myself, but as I understand it WDTV can display the tvix.jpg (background with movie info details) . However you must install the LaurentG mod for it, then it can display the background images. 20% (which is several thousand) of TViXiE users uses it together with WD TV with great success.

Can someone that uses TViXiE together with WD TV please write a quick guide on how to get the LaurentG installed on the WD TV and use TViXiE with it.

...or you can Google on WD TV and LaurentG, it returns lots of hits. :)

Regards Mathias
joma
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Postby coolstream » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:05 pm

I have read about this mod and since I don't have WDTV either, I then quickly forgot about it again.

Thanks for the reminder. I will do a search and see if, together with WDTV users, we can get some answers and create a guide. ;)
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Return to WD TV HD Media Player