[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
TViXiE • View topic - WD HD LIVE, filestructure

WD HD LIVE, filestructure

All about WD TV HD Media Player : Firmware, How to, ...

WD HD LIVE, filestructure

Postby Disc0 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:13 pm

Hi,

I currently have a TVIX 6600 in my living room and plan to but another mediaplayer for the kids.
Question is if the file structure with cover art and backgrounds etc created with TVIXIE on my network share is comaptible with the WD HD LIVE, which is alot cheaper then another TVIX?
Disc0

Share On:

Re: WD HD LIVE, filestructure

Postby coolstream » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:43 pm

I think that all that is required to make TViXiE-generated templates work on WD TV players is to use the LaurentG hack.

You might have to allow for some 'dead area' on the template for where WDTV inserts the file name if there is something that you don't want to be obscured, but the principle appears to be basically the same.

For a video example of my PEGGIE+TV (slightly modified for text positions), see .

I hope this answers your question ;)
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby fredrik__a » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:17 pm

I have the "non-Live" WDTVHD, but i would think they are the same in this aspect. Also I use WDLXTV and LaurentG.
Coverart: folder.jpg.
Backgrounds: wd_tv.jpg.
This is how you would set up the filestructure:
Movies
--Movie1
----Movie1.avi
----folder.jpg
----wd_tv.jpg
--Series 1
----folder.jpg
----wd_tv.jpg
----Season 1
------folder.jpg
------wd_tv.jpg

and so on.

Note that if you are using LaurentG the background image will "stick" if you back out of a folder. For instance, backing out of the Season 1 folder doesn't change the background back to the Series 1 background. But when you go back to the Movies folder, the standard bg is shown.
I modified my LaurentG.app.bin though, so that my backgrounds change, and also listmode/thumbnailmode changes based on what background is shown. See an example of this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if0uY-S0oT8 Sorry for the poor videoquality, and also the main background, it was just an attempt to see if the standard bg was changeable.

I hope this gives you an idea of what you need or dont need to change, in order to make your current filestructure work with the WD.
fredrik__a

Postby coolstream » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Here is the template XML file which will allow you to convert the to WD TV format.

Thanks to fredrik__a for his work and co-operation ;)

Fredrik, would you like to add a link to your LaurentG modifications?

NOTE: To install, follow the instructions in the original post and substitute template.xml with the version provided here.
Attachments
PEGGIE+TV (WDTV).rar
extract to PEGGIE+TV Template folder
(27 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby fredrik__a » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Absolutely!
Just follow these instructions to flash your WD with WDLXTV+LaurentG: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=879
Just replace the LaurentG.app.bin on your flashdrive with this modified one.
To display thumbnails, the background image should be called wd_tv2.jpg.
To display the scrollist, name the bg wd_tv.jpg, which is the default filename using Tvixie.

Note: I do not know for sure if WDLXTV and LaurentG are compatible with WD Live or if there are special versions for Live.
Attachments
Laurentg-mod.zip
(83.04 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
fredrik__a

Postby coolstream » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:57 pm

Thanks fredrik__a :)

As far as I am aware, WD TV Live is not compatible as yet.

People, feel free to prove me wrong :geek:
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Return to WD TV HD Media Player