[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
TViXiE • View topic - How To: TViXiE, WDTV, LaurentG

How To: TViXiE, WDTV, LaurentG

All about WD TV HD Media Player : Firmware, How to, ...

Re: How To: TViXiE, WDTV, LaurentG

Postby sorunsal » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:47 pm

Well I did not know that it caused problem with 2 hard disks. You can buy a powered usb hub then. Or do not remove usb stick remove the other hard disk.
It may be written to firmware but it's complicated, needs compiling under linux . Check wdtv forum for that.
The link wdxltv+laurentg I gave above does not have network options. You may play with the options in the file S00-customoptions with notepad++. See B-rad's page for everything you want to know about wdxltv:
sorunsal
Major Contributor

Share On:

Postby Oz_Steve » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:00 pm

Hey, I'm not complaining :) I love the features, but I have my movies on one drive and TV Shows on the other. I have a USB Hub and I connected it without power and I can see the folders but noting in one of them.

I used power to the hub and fried my 4GB stick so I am at a loss on how to get the hub to work on it and leave the memory stick in it. The Movies drive along with the firmware works great :D

Is there a way to put the firmware and LaurentG on one of my drives ? and boot from it ? or does it need to be a USB stick ?

I have it working the way I want, but just no luck with the 2x drives.

Awesome work I must say

:D
Oz_Steve

Postby sorunsal » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:17 pm

I am using EXT3BOOT, but for my sister last week I tried WDXLTV on a 500 GB HDD without success. WDXLTV loaded but Laurentg did not.
My configuration: RT73 wireless adapter + 1GB USB flash disk on one unpowered short wire USB2.0 hub on USB1 (side), and an unpowered 500GB HDD on USB2 (back). I never use 2 hard disks at the same time. But I think with a high quality powered hub it must be possible. At least people at wdtvforum are using this way, even with folder thumbnails for hard disk roots.
sorunsal
Major Contributor

Postby Oz_Steve » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:23 pm

So if I use EXT3BOOT and LaurentG on a drive it should load ?

Also, I put the USB Stick on port one of the WDTV and the USB Hub on port two (with power killed my USB Stick) without it works but the 2x drives don't display correctly.
Oz_Steve

Postby sorunsal » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:02 pm

Can not say anything without trying. Why don't you do that experiment for us?
sorunsal
Major Contributor

Postby dontimothy@gmail.com » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:37 pm

I´ve done everything to the letter... and at least my TViXIE can allocate the covers to each movie folder (which it couldn´t before)... but when I connected my hard disk back to my WD HDMI player, I still couldn´t see any of the covers on my TV... just the name, same as before.

What can I do? Please bare in mind that I a not too technical so, if possible, layman´s terms would be appreciated.

Regards,

Tim
dontimothy@gmail.com

Postby sorunsal » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Did you install wdxltv+laurentg on a usb stick or usb hard disk? You must use stick otherwise laurentg does not load.
sorunsal
Major Contributor

Postby Oz_Steve » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:40 am

Oz_Steve

Postby mmrc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:14 pm

Thanks Sorunsal,

Works great and I am really pleased with the results - I find it works quicker if I set my WDTV to "list mode"

I may have missed this in the forum but how do you update the movie info so that it shows on "wd_tv.jpg"

I can update, say, the plot in "MovieInfo.tvixie" using notepad but this information does not update on "wd_tv.jpg"

Am I doing something wrong or missing a step....

your help would be greatly appreciated
mmrc

Postby Oz_Steve » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:28 am

You need to process it via tvxie as then it will embed it into the tvix.jpg file (open it up and see)
So after you edit it, go into tvixie, go to the title in question and get to the point where you can change the DVD cover (sorry I'm at work to provide the full steps) and do nothing but click okay (same can be said if you add your own fanart to the directory)

Tvixie will process the file(s) and then you'll see the new info/art.

Hope this helps

Steve
Oz_Steve

PreviousNext

Return to WD TV HD Media Player