[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
TViXiE • View topic - How To: TViXiE, WDTV, LaurentG

How To: TViXiE, WDTV, LaurentG

All about WD TV HD Media Player : Firmware, How to, ...

Re: How To: TViXiE, WDTV, LaurentG

Postby sorunsal » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:00 am

@mmrc
In TViXiE double click a folder in the middle or select a folder on the left to show the moviesheet. Now right click on the moviesheet, select edit movie info.

In TViXiE Assistant select the folder your movie resides, click list/export. Make your changes in any information. Right click on single movie or selected movies, click "render selected". Right click to save changes if you want to keep changes.
sorunsal
Major Contributor

Share On:

Postby mmrc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:11 pm

Oz_Steve & Sorunsal

Thank you for your quick replies.

I have been able to update the "Plot Info" etc. using TViXie and I am really pleased with the result.

Oz_Steve

How do you add/change the fanart (background poster) within TViXie. Please give me some simple instructions/steps - there are quite a few movies without the background poster/fanart

I have over 750 movies to update etc. so once again would be grateful for you help

Thanks

Mike
mmrc

Postby Oz_Steve » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:32 am

Just save a image file as fanart.jpg to the directory of the film and then just open it up to the point where you can change the DVD cover in tvixie and then ok and bingo! background image :-)
Oz_Steve

Postby mmrc » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:57 am

mmrc

Postby Oz_Steve » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:51 am

Sorry, you don't need to click on 'select cover' just get to that screen (as I am at work I fogot the steps) but yes do this:

open TViXie
File/Open/Ironman
Right click image - "movie Information" - "Edit Movie Information"

You don't need to change anything just open it and then click OK and then it will process the background/fanart

Hope this helps
Oz_Steve

Postby mmrc » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:02 am

Oz_Steve,

Still not working for me..

A typical movie folder (with everything working, background etc.)

Hunger (2008)

fanart.tvixie
folder.jpg
front_cover.tvixie
Hunger [2008].mkv
Movieinfo.tvixie
wd_tv.jpg

The movie folder that I am trying to get updated background

Ironman [2008]

fanart.jpg (suggested by you)
folder.jpg
front_cover.tvixie
Ironman [2008].mkv
Movieinfo.tvixie
wd_tv.jpg

I have opened TViXie

File/Open/Ironman
Right click image - "movie Information" - "Edit Movie Information"
Clicked OK

There is no update of the background etc.

When setting up TViXie, I have followed Sorunsal's "How to" notes

Do I have to change something...

Thanks again for your quick reply
mmrc

Postby sorunsal » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:55 pm

rename fanart.jpg to fanart.tvixie
sorunsal
Major Contributor

Postby Oz_Steve » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:44 pm

Oz_Steve

Postby mmrc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:05 am

sorunsal & Oz_Steve,

Thanks very much, I thought that it had to be something simple!
In fact, when I compare the 2 examples I gave above, I should have spotted the difference - doh!!

Works perfectly - I now have to work my way through my 700+ movies.......

I like what I see and it is very easy to use/update :D

Thanks again for your help

Mike
mmrc

Postby tvix_what » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:40 pm

Hi There,

My friend has a WDTV player (first gen that doesn't decode DTS), and we can't get this to work with fanart.

He downloaded the 1.03.01_B-RAD.CC_WDLXTV-0.5.8.1 and LaurentG.app.v1.3.2

Flashed everything, seemed to work, and it shows a blue floorboard background.

Then installed tvixie (1.3.0), set it to WDTV, got all the info/cover art/fan art.

Plug the HDD into the WDTV player, and we can't get it to show any fanart/second screen.

It shows the folder cover art, but when you go into it, it doesn't show any of the text/background/front cover

We read/saw to change from fanart.jpg to fanart.tvixie, but it didn't do anything.

In the folder we have...
fanart.tvixie
folder.jpg
front_cover.tvixie
MovieInfo.tvixie
wd_tv.jpg

Then there's the .mkv, and .nfo, and a .sfv

At first I thought it was because the folder structure was like D:\BLURAYS\xxxxx and not like D:\"Movie"\xxxxxx (As the TVIX 6600 needs it to be MOVIE or Movie etc or it wont work).

The WD player is set to Thumbnail, we tried List, and that didn't do it either :S

Any Ideas?
tvix_what

PreviousNext

Return to WD TV HD Media Player