[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
TViXiE • View topic - Firmware - Wanted list

Firmware - Wanted list

All about TVIX 66xx, N1 and S1: Firmware, How to, ...

Firmware - Wanted list

Postby Oz_Steve » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:39 am

Okay,

Here is what I'd like to see for the 6600 series:

1) Subtitles DISABLED on startup
2) Better support for .mp4 files (like mine display the chapter number ALL THE TIME) ones I've ripped
3) Thumbnail AND fanart support (meaning if I view via thumbnails, I want to see the fanart too)
4) Support for recording to internal drive and being able to watch a movie via USB or network at the same time
5) USB Hub support (unsure if it does this now ?)
6) Non deleting of files from USB drives. I've got kids and if I have my drives connected to the 6600 you can delete or format them. You can 'lock' the folders, but then you need to enter the password ALL the time. I'd like a 'password' for deleting files.
7) A quicker 'page up' or 'page down' If you have over 200 pages it does tend to take a while to get to the middle of the list

Other than that I'm VERY happy with this unit (best media player/PVR I've owned)

Steve
Oz_Steve

Share On:

Re: Firmware - Wanted list

Postby tvix_what » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:04 pm

1) Subtitles DISABLED on startup <---------- MY NUMBER ONE ISSUE, MUST FIX/HAVE AN OPTION IN THE MENU TO DEFAULT ON OR OFF

4) Support for recording to internal drive and being able to watch a movie via USB or network at the same time

5) USB Hub support (unsure if it does this now ?)

7) A quicker 'page up' or 'page down' If you have over 200 pages it does tend to take a while to get to the middle of the list

But I'd like to add....
"EJECT HDD WHEN POWERING OFF" as every time I plug the external HDD (I have 2 different brands/sizes), and plug it into my computer (Win7 64bit), I get the "this device did not shut off correctly"...
tvix_what

Postby rikart » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:22 pm

1) Well, disabled subtitles would be fine for me, too. Now even if I turn them off for a file after changing to the next they are on again, very annoing!
2) If there is a tvix.jpg in a folder, it should be used as background even if thumbnails for other folders are displayed - if you don't like it simple remove the background.
3) If you come back to a folder with several movies (episodes of TV series) the last one already displayed should be selected by default instead of always the first
4) And browsing of connected USB disks via network like internal disk woldn't make it necessary to carry it to the PC for minor updates.
rikart

Postby handdoc » Sun May 02, 2010 7:15 am

I really need pass through ability for Dolby True-HD audio on blu-ray movies. My sound system is set up to handle True-HD, but I need the TVIX to pass it through. I am forced to store two versions of the movies with the True-HD audio downconverted to AC3 so I can play it. The TVIX lists True-HD as "Unsupported Audio".
handdoc

Postby Oz_Steve » Mon May 03, 2010 11:38 pm

Oz_Steve

Postby coolstream » Sun May 16, 2010 7:24 pm

Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby sebulba » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:30 am

Coolstream - how do you password-protect a folder on the harddrive of the S1?

Thanks in advance :D
sebulba

Return to TViX 66xx/N1/S1