Choose between cover-art and list in folders

All about TVIX 66xx, N1 and S1: Firmware, How to, ...

Choose between cover-art and list in folders

Postby GulGreg » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:24 am

Hi,

I use my TVIX mostly in cover-art but I have some sub-folder that I want to see in list mode (documentaries, tv show, karaoke and so one...)

Do you know a way to do this amazing thing ? I doesn't found any solution...

Perhaps we have to configure TVIX in list mode and add something in folders we want to see in cover art.

Thank's for your help.
GulGreg

Share On:

Re: Choose between cover-art and list in folders

Postby coolstream » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi, Gulgreg. I don't think it is possible to toggle list mode, however, if you put more than one movie file e.g. episode1.mkv episode2.mkv in the same folder, TViX will automatically show them in a list. It's a drop down list on 66xx and TViX will continue to show your tvix.jpg in the background.

I hope this helps ;)
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby GulGreg » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Yes It's work this way but I would like to be in real list mode to view more file name et see longest file name.

Once I read somethings about putting a specific file in the folder to show covert art but as I don't find this information any more I suppose I didn't understood well ;)

Thank's anyway fro your answer.
GulGreg

Postby coolstream » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:07 am

I agree with you that it would have been handy at times if some parts of old programming had been retained. In the original M6500 FW, it was possible to switch using the remote (although I never used it). One generation on, the 6600 uses dropdown lists when artwork is used.

I mention this because I did think of a method to provide what you are looking for but my method would mean using a new template which would look like a text listing even though it would be a new artwork e.g. listing.jpg. To create it, you would first of all have to create a list of the files (with separate software). That list would then be incorporated into the tvix.jpg with TViXiE (final version).

The finished artwork would allow you to read the filenames and you would then have to select the file you wanted to view with the normal dropdown menu. Would that be an option worth pursuing?
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Return to TViX 66xx/N1/S1