[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
TViXiE • View topic - 'UNSUPPORTED FORMAT' Error with MKV's !!!

'UNSUPPORTED FORMAT' Error with MKV's !!!

All about TVIX 66xx, N1 and S1: Firmware, How to, ...

'UNSUPPORTED FORMAT' Error with MKV's !!!

Postby Terminator-q » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:43 am

OK guys this is bugging me and I do not see what the problem is???

I have a Dvico Slim S1 (6600 Series) which has been running tvixie without issue. Earlier today I dropped another 20 or so films onto my external hard drive and the folders/covers were displayed without issue BUT when I clicked to start the film I get the ERROR message ' UNSUPPORTED FORMAT ' .
All films are MKV's which is odd!. I then connected the back up drive which has the films on and hey presto they work just fine. All the other films on the drive work.....only the newly added seem to have developed a BUG which I do not understand. I deleted the films and dropped them on again to see the same error message.

Currently running the latest firmware 2.0.9 and no I have not changed any setting or done anything other than drop on a few more films!

Please guys/girls any advice welcome :)
Last edited by joma on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct thread
Terminator-q

Share On:

Re: 'UNSUPPORTED FORMAT' Error with MKV's !!!

Postby coolstream » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:02 am

Did you make the MKVs yourself? Check that the audio and video parts in the MKV container are supported by your player

I am not sure if 66xx/N1/S1 is affected by header compression or not, but I am going to guess that this will be the problem (Although other players are reported to simply show a black screen).

If you are making your own MKVs (or wish to fix the files you already have), use and be sure to TICK 'Disable header removal compression for audio and video tracks by default' (from | File | mmg | )

Keep us informed on how you get on.
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Return to TViX 66xx/N1/S1