TMDB provider not working

Are you missing your favourite movie site?

TMDB provider not working

Postby Dogen » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:07 pm

The TMDB provider not working anymore.
Can some one fix it please?

Thanks, Dogen
Dogen

Share On:

Re: TMDB provider not working

Postby domze » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Yes, please, can anyone do this?
The alternative would be to try to fix an XML provider file, but I don't know if it's possible to get Fan Art in one of those.
domze

Postby funio » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:49 pm

tmdb not working, maybe it is the death of tvixie? :'-)
funio

Postby domze » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Death of tvixie? No way. There is no other program that could fill that space.
If no one fixes the TMDB provider I'm gonna write a new one from scratch, just give me a few days.
domze

Postby Dogen » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:16 pm

domze wrote:Death of tvixie? No way. There is no other program that could fill that space.
If no one fixes the TMDB provider I'm gonna write a new one from scratch, just give me a few days.

It will be lovely :mrgreen:
TNX in advance.
Dogen

Postby funio » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:32 pm

domze wrote:Death of tvixie? No way. There is no other program that could fill that space.

for ever grateful
funio

Postby domze » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:52 pm

You know what you have done now?! By thanking me even Before I started doing anything you actually forced me to write it. Oh well, it was a fun excercise.
Anyway, I'm not in any way associated with tvixie, so when the proper update comes out simply delete my hack. The reasons are as follow:

1) I don't have any documentation on the provider interfaces, so I could have made a few mistakes as much of it is based on guesses and trial and error.
2) I didn't use TMDB APIs (which I guess is "wrong") (Although my guess is that the original tvixie provider didn't either, otherwise it would still be working)
3) There already IS a TMDB provider and is probably much better written than this one (quickly pulled together one afternoon)
4) It's unofficial, so it doesn't update through the tvixie updater.

HOWEVER, this is the one I'm going to use until joma (or whoever wrote the previous one) gives us an update, so I'll be fixing any bugs until then. Just let me know.

It will show as "themoviedb(TMDB)" in the list.

Known issues:
1) If you get multiple fan art backdrops and multiple movie hits at the same time on your search, tvixie will say something like "80 titles found!" or some other ridiculously high and incorrect number. I don't know if it's because I did something wrong in the provider or if it's a problem in tvixie.
2) I didn't bother with any encodings so I guess if you have strange characters in the text somewhere, it will look like crap. If you find any example of such a movie, just let me know and I'll fix it.

Enjoy!

TmdbDomzeProvider.zip
TmdbDomzeProvider.zip
(4.09 KiB) Downloaded 681 times
domze

Postby funio » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:11 pm

tested and working, thx a lot
funio

Postby Dogen » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:32 pm

Thank you very much domze!
It seems to work fine. The fanart download little bit slow, but looks very precise :D
Dogen

Postby domze » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:55 pm

Dogen wrote:Thank you very much domze!
It seems to work fine. The fanart download little bit slow, but looks very precise :D

You mean the part where you have already chosen your fanart and are generating and it says "Downloading fanart"? Actually, there is no processing there, it just downloads the picture from the specified url, so it shouldn't be provider dependent. If it takes long time to list all the fanarts pictures on the other hand...
domze

Next

Return to Movie Info Providers